Click to view full size image

Buildings and places in (City Hall) area, associated with the Rising of Easter Week 1916.

The building on your right was known as ship St. Barracks. The entrance - a big Gate being in the middle. The rere portion of werburgh St. Church can be seen in the distance, behind the trees. Directly in front of the trees is a new building - Labour exchange. St is of recent construction. This building was constructed on a plot of ground occupied by four members of the Irish Citizen Army. We could fire on troops Leaving or entering Ship St. Barracks. This picture must be seen in conjunction with D 117/1 and 117/2.

File information
Filename:P-33-007.jpg
Album name:bmhadmin / P33: Buildings and places in (City Hall) area, associated with the Rising of Easter Week 1916.
Notes::Type: Photographs, Format: Thirteen single page photographs 6.5" x 4.5", Date of Origin: 1952, Artist/Photographer: Army Air Corps Photographer, Artist/Photographer Occupation: N/A , Artist/Photographer Provider: N/A , Date Provided: N/A , Album Notes: Notes of identification supplied by William Oman, who fought in the area in 1916, have been inscribed on the photographs.
Filesize:1479 KiB
Date added:Jul 30, 2012
Dimensions:1470 x 2047 pixels
Displayed:473 times
URL:http://bmhgallery.test.roomthree.com/displayimage.php?pid=323
Favorites:Add to Favorites